Disassembling the Unitree A1
- 1.Remove the battery.
- 2.Remove the 6 screws and remove the carbon fixture of the head.
- 3.Remove the 8 screws connecting the front of the frame to the top cover.
- 4.Remove the 8 screws connecting the back of the frame to the top cover.
- 5.Remove the battery fixture by removing the 4 screws on top. Note that the screw on the left end of the L-shaped fixture is longer than the others. To prevent mix-ups, screw these screws back into their correct position.
- 6.Remove the 6 screws holding the Nvidia board, Raspberry Pi and the power supply in place.
- 7.Remove the remaining screws and remove the top cover.
- 8.You now have access to the Raspberry Pi, the Nvidia Board, the WiFi antenna and the power supply.
- 9.View of the internals
- 1.The Nvidia board is fixed to the main frame by one screw on the bottom of the frame.
- 2.Ideally elevate the robot by placing it onto a box or similar. Remove the screw by turning the robot onto one side.
Tilt robot to access the screw of the nvidia board
- 3.Finally, unplug the USB-Cable of the camera and remove the Nvidia board carefully.
- 4.You now have access to the Nvidia board mounted on a custom base board.